Good shingle manufacturing companies offer more than products of the highest quality – they also offer services and information to help their customers, so here are a few aspects that you should also consider before choosing one manufacturer over another:
- Tech support and consultation – roofing shingles are among the cheapest roofing materials, but you need to get the most for your money, so identifying the shingles that work best for you is essential. Good manufacturers offer consultation services and the possibility to contact an expert for advice, so check that aspect before choosing your manufacturer.
- To be able to turn to customer support is also important – errors happen all the time and you need a supplier that is able to handle them in an efficient and polite manner.
- Technical specifications – you need detailed technical information to be able to make the best decision and to choose the product that works best for you, so choose a manufacturer that provides detailed technical specifications on their websites or upon request. You can also look to a local Dallas roofing contractor online for roofing material specifications.
- Warranty – different manufacturers offer different warranty periods on their products. Try to think long-term and choose the supplier that offers the warranty time that suits your plans and your requirements.
Originally Posted on: Identifying Good Shingle Manufacturing Companies – A Quick Guide
Winter is a difficult period of the year and not only for humans, plants and animals – buildings, including your home, also need to be prepared for the cold season. Here is how:
- Check the heating system – unless you live in a region that gets mild weather in winter, you will probably have the heating turned up for months, so it is recommended to get all the components of the heating system checked by a professional before the cold weather settles in. Doing the verification in time will leave sufficient time for repairs and maintenance as well, so make sure you act responsibly.
- Drain the water from the fixtures you don’t use – the water that accumulates in outdoor faucets, sprinklers and hoses can freeze quickly and can cause serious damage that you will not notice until spring, so make sure you drain and dry all the fixtures that are out of use in winter.
- Clean the roof and the gutters – gutters that have been properly cleaned can survive harsh winters more easily and the same goes for clean roofs as well. Have one of the roofers experienced in roofing Dallas TX homes come out and clean them for you, if you don’t like working up there – cleaning services of this type are quite affordable and very valuable.
First Posted here: Great Ideas for Getting Your House Ready for Winter
Finding a good insurance company can be an overwhelming process – there are so many insurers out there and they offer so many different insurance plans that making the best choice is not easy at all. Most of the experienced roofers Dallas TX offers agree that home insurance is extremely important. So here are a few tips to help you with the process:
- Check official ratings – insurance companies undergo regular audits the results of which are made public, so make sure you check these official ratings before making the choice – you can find the evaluations on the internet.
- Experience – an insurer’s portfolio might include successful and not very successful products as well, so make sure you find out about the success and the popularity of specific type of product that you need.
- Get professional help – if you think the task of evaluating insurers and policies takes too much of your time, you can turn to a professional insurance broker for help and advice. These financial experts work with multiple insurance providers, so they can tell you about the costs as well as about the pros and cons of each policy and they can help you choose the policy that works for your specific situation on the short term as well as on the long run.
First Posted here: How to Find a Good Insurance Company
A roof protects primarily from weather effects. Depending on the nature of
the building and its structure, roofs can provide protection from heat, sun, cold or wind. The characteristics of a roof depend on the intended purpose of the building, but also on the local geography. Roof resistance is important because it is often the least accessible part of a building, in the case of repairs and renovations; at the same time, its destruction may have devastating effects.
Signs indicating the necessity of a roof replacement are:
- Large roof areas with curled shingles.
- Poor ventilation in the attic, which may be the cause of damaged sides of the roof and cracking paint on the outside or inside the house.
- Discoloration and stains in the attic, on the interior ceilings and on the walls. Stains may be caused by water infiltrations and mold formation and may indicate that the waterproofing of the roof tiles is defective or inadequate.
- Shingles lost their granulation (the granules can be found in the gutters).
- Roofing repairs are not efficient anymore, as problems keep occurring, your roof will need the work of a professional Dallas roofing company that is located near you.
- The age of the roof (the roof is older than it should be).
- The energy bills (when they go up without increasing comfort, it is wise to consider the reasons – and the reasons can be related to a roof that needs to be changed).
First Posted on: Which are the signs that you need a new roof?
Major repair or roof replacements are operations that must be done by a trusting Dallas roofer experienced in roof repair. However, if you are a skilled DIYer, you can handle some simple roofing operations yourself. Identifying and replacing broken shingles is one of them.
Cracked, curled or missing shingles constitute one of the most common roof problems, which happens due to wear and tear, exposure to elements and bad weather conditions. The good news is that reparation is not so complicated, although the method and the tools will depend on the type of
roofing material in use. For example, if you have slate tiles on your roof, you should use a slate ripper to remove broken tiles, instead of a hacksaw blade. If you must cut a tile or a shingle, use a saw for wooden shingles, utility knife for asphalt shingles, or an angle grinder for concrete and clay.
Some tiles are nailed in place and you will have to remove those nails, in order to be allowed to lift the old tile and position a new one into place. You may have to use a hacksaw to cut through the shingle`s nails, or a pry bar to lever them up and also hiding them back, once you placed the new shingle.
First Seen here: Diy Roof Repair Tips For Your Home: Identifying And Replacing Broken Shingles
If you have reached the stage where you have to choose the type of material for your roof, then you already know that you have a variety of available options, from the classic ones to the more exotic and rarely used. In this article, we propose you to consider the choice of concrete tiles and here is why.
Concrete tiles have a few great advantages.
The first advantage is the impermeability. Concrete has a high density that does not allow rainwater to penetrate into the pores of the tiles. Moreover, high density provides resistance to freeze-thaw and, at the same time, it increases the life of the roof.
The next advantage is the homogeneous color of concrete tiles, and the smooth surface that guarantees the uniformity of the roof and the good resistance to wear.
If you choose concrete tiles, you will also gain a better protection against bad weather. In the process of making the concrete tiles, manufacturers add special substances that ensure color uniformity, protection, stability over time, as well as resistance to various weather conditions. Contractors say roofing homes in Dallas TX is rewarding, depending on the type of roofing products used.
Finally yet importantly, concrete tiles do not break because of snow or ice formation and present high wind resistance.
Article Source here: Why using concrete roof tiles instead of other materials?
Wood shakes are versatile and can be the traditional choice for a modern building. They are typically made from cedar or other wooden essences and offer many advantages:
- resistance to various climatic conditions
- protection against moisture – water flows parallel to the shingle
- flexibility at low temperatures
- safety when it comes to climbing the rooftop
Wood shakes come with warranties of 30-40 years. For a longer lifetime, regular maintenance is required by a Dallas roofing professional, as well as treatments for wood protection and for increasing the resistance to moisture, fire and pests.
Wood shakes are lightweight and durable, with unique aesthetics in the current architectural landscape. Depending on the location of your construction, wood shakes will either fit perfectly or even stand out from all other roofing materials.
Their durability depends on factors like climate, weather exposure and roof inclination. As a rule, the highest the roof inclination, the more it will resist, because the water cannot form small puddles which are a risk of infiltration.
The weather in Texas varies from humid to arid and the state ranks first when it comes to tornado occurrence. The proximity of the Gulf of Mexico also brings closer the danger of tropical cyclones.
The good news is that wood shakes and shingles provide top performance in strong wind conditions.
First Posted here: How Long Should Shake Shingles Last in Texas