Roofs are complex building components and each roof type and material has its own weak points – here are the most common roof obstructions:
- Problems with flat build-up roofs – alligatoring (small cracks on the roof surface caused by prolonged exposure to UV radiation that makes the roof look like alligator skin), roof shrinkage (the pulling away of the topmost membrane from the sides, caused by aging, exposure to heat and UV radiation or improper installation) and the punctures caused by impact, such as hail or sharp stones, twigs and branches falling on the roof are the most common issues encountered on BUR systems;
- Ponding water – a universal issue that can affect any type of roof and is usually caused by improper roofing design or the damage sustained by the roof’s support structure that causes roof sections to sag and to allow water to accumulate;
- Flashing problems – the stripes of material installed in roof valleys, in the areas where two roof sections meet or around roof openings, such as the chimneys or the skylights, are very sensitive parts that need special attention. Improperly installed flashing stripes or aged, cracked or deformed flashing will let water through, causing leaks and damaging the roof structure. No matter the roofing problem, an expert Dallas roofer can help repair all the above problems, or do a complete replacement.
First Seen right here: What Are the Most Common Roof Obstructions?
A tenant build-out is the process of transforming a space leased by a commercial tenant in order to meet a tenant’s requirements. The process might involve changing the design or the layout of the offices, of the commercial space or of the restrooms and in most cases, it involves painting work and other types of internal finish work as well as the accommodation of new technology.
Depending on the complexity of the project, tenant build-outs might require building or demolition permits issued by local authorities and the involvement of professional designers and architects in the creation of detailed plans, layout designs and blueprints, followed by the actual work processes carried out by building contractors. Like any building project, a tenant build-out also needs to be meticulously planned and managed – the teams that execute the build-out plans need to be coordinated the same way as in the case of a larger construction process.
Budget planning also needs to be made an integral part of the overall planning – like in the case of any building project, the allocated budget should be at least 15% higher than the total amount calculated for materials, labor fees and documentation costs to allow for easier accommodation of unexpected expenses and situations.
Article Source right here: Tips for Planning a Tenant Build Out
Texas is a state that has varied geography, each of its geographic regions having its own, very distinct climate. Texas climate varies from humid in the eastern part of the state to subtropical and arid and what makes the state’s climate even more complex is the high occurrence of tornados and other extreme storms on the entire territory of the state.
While such extremes can affect any part of local buildings, the building component that needs to be the strongest and most resistant is the roof, the topmost layer of defense on any construction. The work should be done by professionals experienced in roofing Dallas homes and businesses. The requirement to build roofs that are able to withstand harsh UV radiation, heat, heavy rain, high winds as well as fires has made local builders and building owners turn towards special roofing solutions, such as impact-resistant shingles and special coatings. Impact-resistant shingles have been designed to withstand hail, but they make the best choice for areas affected by other types of extreme weather as well, while the application of coatings on existing roofs is a great way to improve the roof’s resistance to harsh sunshine as well as to the harmful actions of water. Other construction solutions aimed at creating roofs that can withstand Texas weather include reduced slopes – the flatter the roof, the more resistant to the high winds associated with storms.
Original Post on: Roofs That Withstand Texas Weather
The principle way of increasing the productivity of your teams is by motivating and challenging them, but the work environment is also a factor that can provenly enhance the efficiency and the productivity of work processes. Here are some office building design solutions that can improve team productivity:
- Ergonomic spaces – creating spaces that are comfortable to navigate and functional reduces the time wasted on looking for files and it also insures that the health risks related to office work, such as back problems, eye strain and headaches, are minimized. Well-designed shelving systems and filing cabinets, comfortable desk configurations, complete with armrests and footrests, layered light that can illuminate the space without hurting the eyes are all essential;
- Properly designed HVAC systems – equipping the office building with heating and cooling systems that are able to deliver the right performance and are also maintained regularly is essential for productive office work. An office that is too cold or too hot hinders productivity and poorly maintained HVAC systems spread diseases and cause discomfort. Pay attention to the outside impression as well, hire a Dallas roofing company to improve the exterior of the building;
- Using the right colors – energetic colors, such as blue, orange, red, green and purple are known to boost productivity. Using the harsh colors on entire walls, however, can be disturbing and overwhelming, therefore they should be used in moderation, as accents.
First Seen right here: Tips for Designing a Productive Office Building
When someone wants to move their business into a new location, they typically rent the space and renovate it, to fit their business` needs. These improvements are known as “tenant build out”, or “leasehold improvements” and represent an important part of the leasing negotiation between the landlord and tenant.
A tenant build out consists in custom interior finishes that may include demolition of existing walls, construction of new walls, adding new flooring, blinds or paint, making modifications to the electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems etc. The landlord covers only a certain amount of the costs, therefore it is important to understand, before signing the contract, how these improvements will affect your budget.
The right time for a tenant build out
It is very rare to find a commercial space that meets your business needs exactly; in most of the cases, interior build out is necessary, and the right time to do it is always at the beginning, right after you negotiate a favorable allowance and find a commercial general contractor Dallas specialist to help you maximize the potential of your space. The right time is also when you find financing sources for the build out project.
Original Post over here: Signs It Might Be Time For A Tenant Build Out
Each of these options can be better than the others, at the right time.
As long as they can fix the problems, repairs are the most convenient solution. Regular maintenance is critical to detect vulnerabilities and minor problems before they aggravate. Repairs must always be performed very promptly because the more time passes, the greater the damage will become.
Roof restoration consists in a set of operations to make it look brand new and functional again, adding at least another decade to the roof`s lifespan. It is an alternative to roof replacement, being less expensive, more sustainable, providing tax benefits and preventing catastrophic loss. When it comes to repairs, there are only parts of your roof that contractors work on; on the other hand, restoration involves a complete makeover.
However, restoration is effective only if the roof is still structurally sound, otherwise a roof replacement is the only good option.
The replacement of a roof is necessary if the roof is very old and outdated. Old roofs have different problems that may only be fixed partially: most of roofing materials are damaged, there are water leaks, there is no energy efficiency and there may also be structural issues, which are the worst. An honest Dallas roofing company will give you options when they can, but when the roof is old they will tell you it can’t be repaired, it just needs to be replaced.
Article Source on: Is Roof Restoration, Repair Or Replacement A Better Choice?
Nowadays, roofing materials are numerous and manufacturers
keep working on improving them. We present you some of the most common types of commercial roof materials that are used by local Dallas commercial roofers and others.
This is a very popular commercial and industrial roofing option that passed the test of time. It consists in sheets of rubber and other synthetic materials applied on the insulation, to form a protective layer. Besides durability, single-ply membrane provides some other advantages too: considering that it has been used for years, it has a proven track record, it is rated class A when it comes to fire resistance and it can be easily customized to be retentive or reflective, depending on the climate.
Spray Polyurethane Foam
SPF consists in a liquid which is sprayed on a flat roof and expands into foam that creates a resistant protective layer. It is an environmentally-friendly roofing option, which can be used regardless of the climate and which typically lasts for a few decades. Additionally, it provides a high R-value.
Metal roofs for commercial buildings are made from galvanized steel, aluminum or tin. Metal sheets are a lightweight material; it can be installed on an existing roof and also coated for additional protection against rust, water and UV radiation.
Originally Posted right here: Understanding The Different Types Of Commercial Roofs